Latest News what's happening at Fayette County Library
Invitation for Entries Thanks to a grant from the Duke Energy Foundation, our dream of bringing Little Free Libraries…
Guidelines: Must be a Fayette County Resident (1 Year or More) or Non-Resident that lived in the county for 12 years…
Library Facts why Fayette County is a great resource
20,000+The number of library card holders
207,345The total circulation of all materials and equipment
96,963Books in the main library
7,975books on the bookmobile
120+Periodical and newspaper subscriptions
Invitation for Entries
Thanks to a grant from the Duke Energy Foundation, our dream of bringing Little Free Libraries to Connersville (Fayette County) Indiana is going to be realized! Now, we just have to build some.
COMPETITION — CALL FOR ENTRIES
We are inviting design submissions for Fayette County LITTLE FREE LIBRARIES.
These may include buildings or local landmarks such as :
1) The Carnegie Library — Re-create the original Connersville Public Library (circa 1904) .
This special “little library” may be used at various stops.
2) The Longwood Historic Covered Bridge
3) Whitewater Valley Railroad Train — The train will be displayed at the
Whitewater Valley Railroad Station
Designers should complete a sketch, a set of plans, specifications and material needs of
the proposed project. From the submitted sketch/plan a panel of judges will choose the three finalists.
The finalists will be given a material allowance.
ENTRY DEADLINE: August 30th at 5 pm.
Once projects have been built and presented to the library, a grand prize, second prize and third prize will be chosen. Winners will be notified on, or before, September 15th.
¨ GRAND PRIZE: $100
¨ Second Prize: $75
¨ Third Prize: $50
- Must be a Fayette County Resident (1 Year or More) or Non-Resident that lived in the county for 12 years or more
- 40 lines or less in any poetry style
- Written to capture the history and spirit of the county
- Five poems will be selected and forwarded to Brickstreet poetry, which will make the final selection
- Submit by September 19, 2014
Submit entries to :
Fayette County Public Library
Attn: Poetry Book
828 Grand Avenue
Connersville, Indiana 47331